King of the Mountain
I always found motor racing boring, and the Bathurst 1000 was no different. The same guy was always in the news, but when you’re such a convincing champion, you can’t help making everyone else look mediocre.
Peter Brock, 1945 – 2006.
Technorati Tags: australia, peter brock
When Naomi told me to check if my Powerbook G4 was eligible for a battery exchange, I quickly went and checked, because, like, woohoo! Free battery!
So I went and checked Apple’s website for the battery recall notice and instructions. It said to enter my computer’s serial number as well as the battery’s serial number, which were located on the battery as well as inside the battery compartment.
This meant I did some mental calisthenics in order to come up with the order in which to record the serial numbers, but ended up doing this instead:
- Turn off computer.
- Open battery compartment and take out battery
- Locate battery serial number
- Try to locate computer serial number
- Curse when it is discovered that there is more than one set of numbers in the battery compartment
- Put battery back into computer
- Turn on computer
- Open apple webpage detailing battery recall
- Read bit about where exactly computer serial number can be found, which includes the ‘About This Mac’ option under the Apple menu, in the OS.
- Curse some more, write down computer serial number and go enter it into the website to check if the computer’s battery is eligible for exchange.
- Curse even more, because it is realised that the computer’s battery’s serial number wasn’t jotted down.
- Turn off computer.
- Take out battery, and jot down battery serial number.
- Put battery back, turn on computer and open Apple webpage detailing battery recall.
- Enter serial numbers, and cheer when the page returns a result that says my battery is eligible for a free exchange.
- Cheer when it reads that I only have to apply for an exchange and wait for a battery to arrive before I send the faulty battery back sans postage.
- Still happy when I enter my location (Singapore) and read that I should contact any one of the resellers listed in Singapore.
- Call one of the Apple retailers in Singapore and ask about the exchange program.
- Become bewildered when I am told to bring in my computer for them to check, and give them the faulty battery and then wait six weeks for the replacement.
- Ask if I can keep my battery and use it while waiting for the replacement.
- Become slightly upset when I am told that I can’t.
- Ask how come the replacement procedure is different from North America.
- Become more upset when I am told ‘because in Singapore, it’s different’.
- Ask if I can get a temporary battery replacement while waiting for the replacement because if not, my Powerbook is no longer portable.
- Become more upset when I am told ‘no, because in Singapore, it’s different’.
- Tell Apple sales representative that ‘ok, I’ll bring in my computer soon’.
Technorati Tags: apple, battery replacement program, Singapore
Nair bluff you one!
Truth in labeling.
Technorati Tags: food, Singapore
Our 11 mths old male Chihuahua was lost on 28/5/2006 at 81 East Coast Road between 12.30pm – 1.00pm.
We believe that someone had took him away as he doesn’t run out by himself. He is a blue and white long coat Chihuahua. Wearing a blue and yellow collar. he is not only a pet to us but also our family member, how you feel if you lost your family member? If you are the one who took him away, please return to us as we really miss him very much. Currently he is on medication. We assure you we won’t take any action against you, as long as you return him to us, we appreciate your kindness very much.
Anyone who found him & return him to us, reward of SGD 1000 will be given…
Happy Birthday Tabby. Wish your current owner loves you as we did.
Technorati Tags: animals, pet shop, Singapore
Oh… you mean we have to play to win all the time?
“Victory a must for both Lions, China tonight”
Other times, it’s ok if we don’t win. How to go World Cup liddat?
Technorati Tags: football, Singapore, TODAY