Trying to take full advantage of Mooching Month, I called LMD and asked if she was free for drinks this evening, but she wasn’t. So I met up with some uni mates I hadn’t seen for awhile, thinking they might be organising some surprise birthday drinks thing in my honour.
Turns out they didn’t know it was my birthday, so I ordered a cup of tea. Just as well, because I am sick and really shouldn’t have been drinking anyway.
Turns out they had organised this get together because a uni mate of ours is getting married in October, and they want to organize a Hen’s Night thing for her.
One of the well-meaning uni mates takes out pen and paper and starts to write down what we have to do for Hen’s Night. They are truly excited at putting this list together.
Oh, hahaha, we must get a stripper. You know any?
So, anyway, a good hour after cracking their brains, they come up with:
1. Male stripper. One of them offers a contact for a former stripper who can play the harp, so we dress him up as an angel. So fun.
2. Alcohol. Let’s get her drunk before the stripper comes.
3. Alcohol. Let’s have champagne before dinner.
4. Costumes. Let’s all dress like devils, so we can counter the angel stripper. So fun.
5. Special T-shirt for the bride-to-be with caption: My name is XXXXXX. This is my last night out as a single woman. Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX (Fiance’s number). (This one was my contribution).
6. Penis-shaped cake. So fun. Because at another Hen’s Night they had this, and it was so fun.
Oh, the headache of logistics, one of my uni mates says. Lucky she has had some experience recently organising an event, she also says. OK, she says, do you know how much a stripper charges? Any difference between full and half monty, she asks. OK, she says, how about the penis cake? How much? Was the last one nice to eat, she asks.
Dunno, dunno, dunno. Let’s meet again and discuss this further. So fun.
Penis shaped cake? Tee hee hee. So fun!