You currently can’t leave comments on some (many) Blogger blogs. And this free service is full-o-bugs:
This is a list of currently-known Blogger bugs/issues (and workarounds, if available). We hope to fix all of them in time, so thanks for your continued patience!
* Users are currently getting “Blog not found” errors when accessing comment pages. We are working on getting this resolved ASAP.
* We have had to temporarily disable the Mail-to-Blogger feature, which means that emailed posts will not be able to reach your blog. We plan to restore this functionality soon but have needed to turn this feature off for now in order to stabilize our database servers. In the meantime, you can continue to post by logging in through the Blogger.com homepage.
* Stats collection has been temporarily turned off as well, so you will not see your post count or recent posts updating on your dashboard or profile. Once we get this restored, these items will update automatically.
* Currently, Profile Images must be under 50k in size, and their URLs must be less than 68 characters long. These bugs will be fixed soon.
* Posts made between midnight and 1:00 am may have their time stamps off by one hour. You can correct this by editing the post and manually changing the time.
* Republishing an entire blog will sometimes get stuck part way through and not finish, though new entries can still be published normally. We are working on improving the database performance to fix this error.
* Post-search (from the Edit Posts page) doesn’t do Advanced searching (multiple terms, etc.)
* In Mac versions of Internet Explorer, certain buttons are not appearing, such as the buttons for signing in, creating accounts and blogs, and saving profiles. The best thing to do until we fix this is to simply use a different browser, such as Safari or Firefox. For cases like signing in or saving a profile, you can also just press Return to submit the form.
* Spell check does not work in Safari. We recommend using Mozilla Firefox for Mac users.
* In the Camino browser, text cannot be entered into the posting field. We will be making some changes to handle this browser better.
* In recent versions of Mozilla browsers, the image upload and spell-check windows may be blocked as popups. You can fix this by changing your preferences to allow popups from blogger.com & www.blogger.com.
BUT! I am sticking to Blogger for the time being because it is free, and the very infrequent bugs are part of the quirks. And I have engineers at Google fixing the bugs rather than myself having to tinker with stuff on MT or WP. And cool people use Blogger.
And no comments means no comments spam.